The shortlist has been announced for this year's North East Business Executive of the Year.
The Journal has run the coveted awards in conjunction with the sister paper The Gazette for more than three decades, highlighting the region's brightest, bravest and most inspiring business leaders.
The chosen top executives in three sub-regions - Tyneside and Northumberland, Durham and Wearside, and Teesside - will be crowned on November 12 at the Newcastle Marriott Hotel, Gosforth Park. They will then go head-to-head for the title of North East Business Executive of the Year 2015
Tyneside & Northumberland
- Matt Boyle, President & Chief Executive, Sevcon, Gateshead
- Judith Doyle, Principal & Chief Executive, Gateshead College, Gateshead
- David Laws, Chief Executive, Newcastle International Airport, Newcastle
Durham & Wearside
- Behroz Beni, Managing Director, Prima Cheese Ltd, Seaham
- Julie Price, Joint Managing Director, The AMA Group, Peterlee
- Harry Swan, Managing Director, Thomas Swan & Co Ltd, Consett
- Dean Benson, CEO and co-founder, Visualsoft, Stockton
- Marshall Garner, Chief Executive, Mech-Tool Engineering (MTE), Darlington
- Nas Khan, Managing Director and Proprietor, Jennings Motor Group, Stockton